Bitcoin Races To $9,400 – $113 Billion In BTC Are Locked By Holders Despite Market Volatility 

TASS 25936727 1 1024x576 - Bitcoin Races To $9,400 - $113 Billion In BTC Are Locked By Holders Despite Market Volatility 

The crypto market looks pretty mixed today, but the most important coin is trading in the green.

After a week of correction, which came naturally after a surge, BTC is currently priced at $9,381.70.

It’s been revealed by the online publication the Daily Hodl that there’s a total of 12.58 million Bitcoin that has not moved on one full year.

According to the latest data coming from BitInfoCharts, investors have been holding $113 billion worth of BTC despite the massive volatility in the past year.

The Daily Hodl reminds people that “In 2019, Bitcoin’s price swung from under $3,500 at the start of the year to nearly $14,000 in June, and then it dropped roughly 50% over the following five months. Bitcoin is currently trading at just over $9,000, according to CoinMarketCap.”

Crypto influencer says that he’s one of the long-term believers sitting on his BTC to create a huge support level for BTC’s price.

Here’s his tweet:

This triggered excitement among users.

He continued and said: “this creates a massive support level in the price for obvious reasons. The tough part is to know exactly where that level is.”

Someone commented: “There are 18M mined. If we assume 4M lost, then 8.5M out of 14M remaining coins haven’t moved for a year, or 60%. Let’s teach the owners of the other 40% to HODL HARDER.”

Another Twitter user said: “People who probably dont need the money and invested what they can actually afford to lose.”

Bitcoin should be worth much more

Kraken executive recently said that BTC should be worth somewhere between $1 million and $10 million.

Just the other day, it’s been reported that Kraken’s director of business development Dan Held wrote a thesis for BTC as a super commodity.

The crypto exchange exec analyzes the notion that Bitcoin’s use of energy but we suggest that you head over to the official notes in order to learn more.


Companies Mentioned

CoinMarketCap
CoinMarketCap

CoinMarketCap is a website that provides cryptocurrency market cap rankings, charts, and more. It was purchased by Binance for $400M in 2020.

Trending news

Top Exchanges
Top Casinos
Icon
7bitcasino

4.20

Website

Icon
BitStarz

5

Website

Icon
FortuneJack

4.55

Website

Top Sportsbook
Icon
1xBit

4.03

Website

Icon
Nitrogen Sports

4.73

Website

Icon
SportBet.io

4.60

Website

Eduard Watson Author

An experienced finance writer for more than 10 years, active industry watcher, and gadget enthusiast.

2274 Articles

Top Exchanges
Top Casinos
Icon
7bitcasino

4.20

Website

Icon
BitStarz

4.93

Website

Icon
FortuneJack

4.90

Website

Top Sportsbook
Icon
1xBit

4.03

Website

Icon
Nitrogen Sports

4.73

Website

Icon
SportBet.io

4.60

Website

Trending news