SingularityNET (AGI), Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) and Nth Opinion Join Forces to Fight COVID19
- SingularityNET (AGI), Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) and Nth Opinion have teamed up to fight COVID19 using artificial intelligence and blockchain technology.
- They have organized CoVIDathon: a hackathon with a mission of developing and launching open-source code using AI and blockchain to combat COVID19.
The work of crunching numbers and identifying patterns during a global pandemic such as COVID19, is usually left to governments and WHO who are usually well prepared for such events. However, with the Coronavirus, they too seem to be overwhelmed at the rapid speed at which this virus has crossed borders and paralyzed global economies. It is with this background that the teams at SingularityNET (AGI), Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) and Nth Opinion have joined forces in launching a hackathon whose main aim is to launch open-source code using AI and blockchain to combat COVID19.
Aptly named COVIDathon, the event officially started on the 1st of April and will run for a total of 2 months. The mission of the event is to bring together global AI and blockchain projects as well as their contributing developers.
Their task will be creating intelligent decentralized tools to combat the spread of COVID19 and also reduce the risk of future infectious outbreaks.
The hackathon will be in two phases as follows:
- Phase 1: which will run until 30th April. Participants who submit before this deadline will get a chance to be chosen for an in-depth mentoring by experts and judges during the second Phase of the Hackathon.
- Phase 2: which will run until the 1st of June, 2020. This date is also the final deadline for all participants.
There is No Better Time Than Now to Help in Combating COVID19
Roger Ng, MD, and co-founder of Nth Opinion explained how acting fast was crucial in combating the spread of COVID19:
When lives are at stake it doesn’t make sense to go through layers of policy and bureaucracy. We cannot fight this virus with research while waiting for a vaccine. We need to give passionate physicians a safe place where the risk is distributed so they can share real-time information with each other
What to Submit for the COVIDathon
The COVIDathon will include four tracks:
- Track One: Privacy and Sovereignty
- Track Two: Medicine and Epidemiology
- Track Three: Informational and Coping Tools
- Track Four: Open Innovation
More detailed information about each category can be found here.
Who Can Participate
At the time of writing this, the COVIDathon has invited the following global professionals.
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Blockchain developers
- AI/ML engineers
- Full-stack developers
- UX/UI developers
- Data scientists
- Project managers
- Marketing and business specialists
- Branding experts
Crypto and Blockchain Communities Playing their Part in the Fight Against the Virus
The announcement by SingularityNET, Ocean Protocol and Nth Opinion show just how the crypto and blockchain communities can come together to fight the spread of the global pandemic. Previously, we had highlighted the team at Pundi X was also playing its part in offering free XPOS devices to merchants around the globe. This global show of unity will surely translate in all of us defeating the virus.
(Feature image courtesy of Quino Al on Unsplash.)
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to give financial advice. Any additional opinion herein is purely the author’s and does not represent the opinion of Crypto Gazette or any of its other writers. Please carry out your own research before investing in any of the numerous cryptocurrencies available. Thank you.
John P. Njui Author
Crypto Enthusiast. Terrible dancer. Former DJ. Amateur Marathoner. Electrical Engineer. Kool kat.